Welcome to Episode 23 of the Misadventures in Knitting Podcast!
Listen to Episode 23 on iTunes!
Listen to Episode 23 on PodBean!
Listen to Episode 23 on Stitcher!
Today’s Topics Include:
- Google Hang Out Recap
- The Julgran Knitalong
- Hot Off the Needles
- What we are Working on
- Sad Knitting Tragedies
- and, How to Have Fun Over Rhinebeck Weekend When You are not Actually in Rhinebeck!
Thank you, HockeyRachel, for sharing your numerous projects with us!
Google Hang Out Recap
Thank you to Jackie and Heather for participating in our last Google Hang Out!
We are doing our first ever sweater KAL right no! The Julgran is a worsted weight pullover designed by Andi Satterlund. This design features a large pine tree, achieved by increasing, decreasing and cables, that can be either left plain or decorated to look like a Christmas tree. This KAL will run until January 1st, 2019. Yes, there will be prizes! See our Ravelry thread for more information!
Hot Off the Needles
Ashley finished the Children’s Neck Down Bolero by Knitting Pure and Simple. She used Cascade 220 Superwash.
Ashley finished the August Square of the River Knits Year Long Afghan. This was a mitered square.
Tara finished The Golden Hour by Andrea Mowry, a DK weight shawl. She used Scout by Kelbourne Woolens.
What We are Working On
Ashley is working on the September square, which is a counterpane, of the River Knits Year Long Afghan.
Tara is working on two sweaters. She is knitting the Apple Cider Donut by Cecily Glowak-MacDonald with the recommended yarn by Barlettyarns. Tara is also knitting the Tecumseh by Caitlin Hunter. She is using Jill Draper Mohonk and Daughter of a Shepherd.
Sad Knitting Tragedies
Tara is having some difficulty with the Tecumseh. She needs to rip out some of the fair isle and use a larger needle for the colorwork to avoid puckering.
Tara accidentally vacuumed over top of The Golden Hour Shawl.
How to Have Fun Over Rhinebeck Weekend when you are not Actually in Rhinebeck!
The New York State Sheep and Wool Festival, commonly referred to as “Rhinebeck”, will take place October 20th and 21st.
- Knit a Rhinebeck sweater even if you are not going. Finish in time for festival and wear proudly!
- Visit your local yarn store with your newly finished object (show it off!) and sit and knit! Be social.
- If you do not have a LYS, invite friends over for a potluck brunch.
- Get outdoors and walk on a trail.
- Schedule a massage or a trip to a salon. Treat yourself on that day!
- Go outside! Try apple picking! If you live in Maryland, check out Larriland Farms.
- Make apple sauce, apple butter, and apple pie!