Welcome to Episode 21 of the Misadventures in Knitting Podcast!
Listen to Episode 20 on iTunes!
Listen to Episode 20 on PodBean!
Listen to Episode 20 on Stitcher!
Today’s Topics Include:
- General Announcements
- The Julgran Knit Along
- Hot Off the Needles
- What We are Working On
- Imaginary Knitting
- Sew, I have another Lover
Thank you, FunkyChic309, for sharing that you always have three projects on the needles!
1.) Giveaway Prize Winners!
- Congratulations to MimisKnit on Ravelry who won the gorgeous three skein set from Anne of Woolyhues! We cannot wait to see what you create with the yarn, Heather!
- Congratulations to “TheThingsIHaveMade” on Instagram who won the “Splendid Soles” book donated by Lori Wagner. We loved seeing your photos, Hannah!
2.) The Knitters Book Club!
- We are pleased to announce a second installment of the Knitter’s Book Club. Starting now through mid-August, join us in reading the thrilling page turner, “In a Dark, Dark Wood” by Ruth Ware. On Friday evening, August 17th, we will host a Google Hang Out to discuss the book and share whatever crafty project we are working on. Please note, this book is not knitting related and does not include any particular knitting project.
The Julgran Knit Along
Julgran means Christmas Tree in Swedish and because many people enjoy a good Christmas-in-July project, we thought the Julgran Sweater would be a perfect choice for a knit along!
Julgran is a top-down vintage inspired pullover designed by Andi Satterland that features a large Christmas tree on the front-center that can be decorated with beads or left plain.
Notes about the pattern:
- The Christmas tree is charted only.
- Worsted weight yarn with a gauge of 18 stitches and 26 rows over four inches
- Designer used Quince and Company Lark.
- Size US 6 and 8 needles, with larger needle for gauge.
- Pattern is available on Ravelry for $6.75 US Dollars.
- Pattern allows for personalization!
The Julgran Knit Along begins now (July) and will end January 1st, 2019! That means you have six months to knit this sweater! We are hoping this long and flexible time frame will encourage you to join us because this sweater will be super cute come holiday season! Plus, there will be prizes! Please see our Ravelry group for more information!
RAVELRY DISCOUNT CODE FOR JULGRAN SWEATER: MIKJULGRANKAL
Code is good until August 27th, 2018
Hot Off the Needles
Tara finished a pair of top-down vanilla socks using Rock and String Creations’s Derby Day colorway.
Using Shepherd’s Worsted, Ashley finished the June Square for the River Knits Afghan Along. Ashley modified the pattern by knitting an intarsia square with stripes.
Ashley finished the Serape by Megi Burcl, available for download on Interweave. Ashley used Shibui Stocatto. Instead of fringe, Ashley crocheted loops along the edge.
Ashley finished the Children’s Neck Down Cardigan by Knitting Pure and Simple for her son, William. Ashley used Spud and Chloe Sweater and will add a zipper.
What We are Working On
Tara is test-knitting the Poca Sweater by Laura Nelkin using Jill Draper Kingston. This pattern will be released in late July!
Tara recently cast on the Kelso Shawl by Helen Stewart using Adirondack Yarns Spirited Fibers.
Ashley is working on the Brighton Plaid by Eclectic Gypsy using Madeline Tosh Unicorn Tails and Neighborhood Fiber Company Rustic.
Ashley is working on the August square of the River Knits Afghan. This square is lace and Ashley had to go down a needle size.
Tara is imaginary knitting:
- Merry Bear by Susan B. Anderson
- North Sea Nostalgia by Heidi Kirrmaier
Ashley is imaginary knitting:
- Ice Cream Doggie by Anna Hrachovec
- Harlow by Andrea Mowry
Sew, I Have Another Lover
Ashley finished the Cleo Skirt and Luna pants by Made By Rae.
Ashley finished the Purl Soho City Gym Shorts.
Ashley’s son William made his first pair of pajama pants! He used the Simplicity #2290 pattern. Congratulations, William!
Ashley started the Foundation Paper Pieced Square, All in the Neighborhood, by CR Creations Shop.